People Who Like Us

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Football Nail Design

Hi everyone, Diana Rush here. Looking forward to the Super Bowl? I sure am. Not because I actually care about football or the teams really (only that the Patriots lose) but because I love footballs. Aren't these pictures cool? Can you imagine having these babies painted on your toenails? You'd be "super ready" for the "Super Bowl!"
So who are you rooting for? Sea Hawks? Patriots? Do you even care? Or are you just looking for an awesome nail design? Well you've come to the right place! I'm gonna show you step by step how to paint footballs on your nails. In no time at all, you'll be ready to show all your friends...I mean...watch the Super Bowl. Are you ready? Let's paint!





Step #1: Paint your big toenail all green. This will be for the football field which we will finish later on.                                                                                                                       





Step #2: Paint the outline of a football with a brown nail pen or a toothpick dipped in brown nail polish. I had to use a toothpick this time because I didn't have a brown nail pen. I also had to mix nail polish. If you don't have brown nail polish, just mix black and yellow and it will be good enough. :) Also, if you don't get the exact shape you want the first time, it's okay because we'll be filling in the football later on. This happened to me as you may be able to see. So here's what it should look like:



Step #3: Now we're gonna fill the football in with that brown nail polish. You can do this either by using the toothpick you used to paint the outline, or you can use a normal nail polish brush if you have a steady hand.

Step #4: If you want, you can use the toothpick to poke little holes in your football before it dries. This will add texture and make it look more real. Now, to paint the laces (laces are those white lines on the football. I didn't know until my brother told me) , use a white nail pen or a toothpick dipped in (you guessed it) white nail polish and draw a line through the middle of the football, but don't go all the way through. Now paint miniature lines going across your first white line. It should look like this:


Step #5: Now we're gonna paint the field. With your white nail pen or toothpick, draw vertical lines across the green field. Don't cross the football. It should look like this: 




My brother showed me how to paint the field, because I was completely clueless. Thank you for reading my article, and I hope you had good luck with your footballs! I would love to hear back from you so don't be afraid to leave a comment below!!! Happy Super Bowl watching, and may the Sea Hawks win! ;)

-Diana Rush

No comments:

Post a Comment