People Who Like Us

Friday, March 6, 2015

EDM PEOPLESS!!


Hey guys! This is it! This is the end. The last post from yours truly. Have you guys enjoyed my posts? Have you enjoyed the blog? I hope you have! Even if you haven't, I have enjoyed writing for you guys! :)

Now enough with the mushy gushy stuff! Let's get right to it. In my last post I talked about DJs and how they are awesome. If you haven't read that post, then please go do that now before you read this. If you don't read it that is fine, but if you do you will better understand what I will be talking about in THIS post.

For this post I am going to be talking about EDM!! The genre of music that embodies a DJ. This genre is what a DJ plays at his gigs and what he probably makes when he produces. Now I could talk about Electronic Dance Music (EDM) for pages and pages but you guys would probably get bored!

In this post I will hit on some of the top DJs in the world and their best songs. Before I do that, please read the list below. It is a list of sub-genres in EDM.


EDM:
- EDM
- Electro
- Progressive
- Progressive Electro
 - Progressive House
- House
 - Deep House
  - Moombahtonm
- Big Room
  - Big Room Progressive
   - Big Room Progressive House
- Club
 - Hardstyle
  - Drum 'n' Bass
   - Disco
- Downtempo
 - Ambient
- Electro House
 - Hardcore
- Experimental
PRETTY MUCH THE LIST GOES ON AND ON ANDONANDONANDONANDONANDON!!!

Since there are so many genres and I don't have enough time to write about all of them, I will pick out my favorites and the ones I consider to be most popular. Once I pick the sub-genres I will pick an artist to go with it. Rank the artist and the song, blah blah blah. 

So, let's get started!! 
 __________________________________________________________________________________

FIRST SUB-GENRE: BIG ROOM PROGRESSIVE HOUSE!!
Artist: Martin Garrix!!! (Rating: 10000) If you read my last DJ post you will get why I rate him so highly.

Song: Animals
This is an awesome song people! If you don't like repetitive awesomeness then skip ahead about a minute. That is usually how long the intro lasts. Big Room usually means that there will be some anthem style synths in the song. Something that will make you want to raise your hands!! Progressive just means that the song progresses gradually. Feel free to dance during this song. :)


SECOND SUB-GENRE: DEEP HOUSE!! (I am choosing deep house specifically instead of house. House is VERY repetitive and you probably wouldn't like it.)
Artist: Hardwell!!!!! (Rating: 100000000000) Hardwell has got to be my favorite DJ ever. He is 2-time number one DJ in the world as of last year. This years award will either go to Martin Garrix or Hardwell again.

Song: Okay... I just want you guys to realize that Hardwell is not known for Deep House. He is known for commercial EDM pretty much. When he released his first artist Album in January he added several songs that went away from the norm. I loved what he did with the deep house track he put in his album. I'm happy that he made songs that HE liked not just what his FANS liked.

This is called: Where Is Here Now (feat. Funkerman and I/Fan)



THIRD SUB-GENRE: HARDSTYLE!!
Artist: R3hab (Rating: 999) I recently started listening to this DJ and he is really good!!!
Song: This DJ does a lot of clubby, hard, bang your head sort of tracks. Hope you enjoy their track -
 Karate!
 
FOURTH SUB-GENRE: EXPERIMENTAL!!
Artist: Hardwell (Rating: 10000000000) He is just so awesome I'm using him twice! :)
Song: Echoes (feat. Johnathan Mendelsohn) This is another unexpected track that Hardwell put on his album. Experimental usually means that it sounds a little sci-fi or just plain different. The drop may not consist of a solid beat but just a bunch of random synths.
Enjoy! This song also shows that EDM isn't just a bunch of repetitive annoying sounds but that it can also sound almost angelic! Haha :P



 


That raps everything up for my overview of EDM!! Pretty much all the other sub-genres branch off from these few that I have picked. However, I DID leave out some significant sub-genres such as D'N'B, trap, and ambient.

Please go look up more EDM songs if you enjoy these ones!! I will tell you now though, you should be careful when you are looking up some EDM tracks. Keep in mind this is a secular genre of music. I'm sure you all are old enough to know that though :)


GOODBYE!  I hope all my posts were informative and funny. I hope you enjoyed our blog. We still have a week left but this is the last post from me, Jimbob. Peace out world!


- JIMBOB
 
 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment